Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Euro-America Challenge 2012

For a small town boy from Robinson Texas, my life has proven to be very crazy and unpredictable in the last 10 years, sometimes a little more than I would even like to admit. Specifically, I have spent the last 4 years of my life flying around the European continent and playing and coaching the sport that I can truly say is my passion.  On August 29th I found myself on a airplane on my way to Warsaw Poland to play in a European American football All Star game, nervous and excited but ready to play some good football.

As you might know American football in Europe is typically not the breathtaking spectacle that captures the imagination of a country like it does in the USA, but on September 1 2012, the Warsaw Eagles American football club of Poland put on a football game that caused a wave of excitement, curiosity, entertainment, and even some drama!
   To say the absolute least the Euro-America football challenge in Poland was a huge success! I wanna say the total sold ticket count was over 30 thousand and over 40 thousand were in attendance. It is crazy to think that any American football game in Europe could be this big and it was a huge honor to be selected to be on the EUROPE All star team. The EU team had some extremely talented players. While I was in the locker room I was looking around and was very surprised of the sheer athleticism of some of the athletes from all over the European continent. Believe it or not the EU team suited up quite a few ex NFL football players and a handful of D1 caliber athletes, and like you might have guessed so did team USA. aka the entire roster. lol

Life has a funny way of sneaking up on us and really taking us places that we would have never imagined and this was one of those event. All around I had a wonderful experience and met some great athletes from all over the world.  Euro-America Challenge = life changing experience and proof American football is exploding in Europe.



 


No comments:

Post a Comment