Friday, May 11, 2012

Complacency the seed of failure






Last week my current team matched up against a cross city rival, the Zagreb Raiders. It was a intense and hard fought game for both teams and even though both teams played hard the Final outcome was 19-3 in favor of my team the Zagreb Thunder.
      Every week is a new experience for me and honestly I have no clue what to expect, so as you might expect I am looking forward to new games every week like a kid at a candy store.  This was the first game that my stupid lingering ankle injury did not keep me from running outside the pocket and making some ground action happen. One highlight includes a 74 yard scramble that ended up on the 1 yard line with me in pain and a Zagreb Raider with a hand full of hair......
     The reason I title this complacency is the seed of failure is because after a great game and a excited and re-energized Zagreb Thunder, Tuesday and Thursday had an average of 15 players at practice......(That is a number that will cause any true lover of American football to grind their teeth and be just as frustrated as their coach) Especially because this weekends match up is the Ljubljana Silverhawks, arguably the best team in the Central European Football League (CEFL). And just because we got a victory against the Raiders does not mean that the Silverhawks are going to just lay down and take it easy on us this week.......
    Matter of fact, it looks like my team will pad up 19-25 players to compete at a level that the Thunder have not seen in the 2012 season. Week by week, I stress at all team meetings and practice wrapups the danger of mistranslating potential for success....for there are many many talented players and people with potential that are flipping burgers and sitting on coaches watching the players and people excel at things that they were much more equipped to be great at but because of cancerous complacency.........are not doing anything with all the potential that was given to them.  That my friends is why I feel I need to remind my boys as well as my readers....complacency.....is......the.....seed.....of......failure.

Last weeks W is in the bank, now we have to go earn another one.





THUNDER READY. #HIT/BREAK

No comments:

Post a Comment